torsdag 20. oktober 2011

The first days

During my first three days on the island, I have experienced so much that I don't know where to start.

The first day on the island I used to get familiar with the hotel and the environment. I went to bed a little earlier that day, because I was supposed to get up quite early the next day.

On day two, I went on a tour around the Island. The whole trip took six hours. I was quite tired after so many hours in a bus with tourists, air condition and cameras, but I am very glad that I attended on this “event”.
We started on the west coast and went to the great Cherry Tree Hill, wherefrom we got a wonderful view of the “Scotland District”. After that we hid for the amazing Batsheba bay and the St. John’s Church. The church is located on a cliff, and has a stunning view over the ocean. At the end of the trip, the bus went to the Sunbury Plantation House. There we could see how the life on Barbados was 300 years ago.
Back on the west coast, after the trip around the island, I went to a local restaurant together with some other people that also had been on the bus trip around Barbados.

The afternoon of the third day was used for a catamaran boat tour. We went a little hour from the western part of the island. I went snorkeling and saw some turtles and thousands of colorful and different fishes. We arrived back at the hotel at 18:00 and the rest of the evening was used for good food and dancing.

The view from The cherry Tree Hill 
 The St. John's Church on Barbados

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar